Research Project on Alternative Healing
The Meertens-UvA research project on alternative healing practices in the contemporary world consists of several activities:
- An international conference in 2016 at the University of Amsterdam.
- Interns at the Meertens Institute study various local alternative healing practices.
- Artistic interaction and interpretation: exhibition of objects of art related to alternative or religious healing.
- A publication on alternative healing for a wider audience
- The publication of a scholarly edited volume on the topic.