Research Project on Alternative Healing
The Meertens-UvA research project on alternative healing practices in the contemporary world consists of several elements:
- The international conference of 2016 at the University of Amsterdam.
- Presentations and panels at other conferences.
- Interns at the Meertens Institute research various local alternative healing practices.
- Artistic interaction and interpretation: an exhibition of objects of art related to alternative or religious healing (2016).
- The 2018 book publication on alternative healing, aimed at a wider audience. Free open access download (in Dutch).
- Scholarly publication (edited volume) on Alternative Healing.